The theme of this month’s recipe is “A Treat for Mother’s Day”, because there’s nothing that thrills a mother more than a homemade treat made by someone else. Moms are easy to please. – anything made with love tastes great! I’m sharing a proven winner from my kitchen. If my kids want to treat me, I come home from work to the smell of cookies baking. Not just any cookies, but the kind we refer to as “Mother’s Love”. Try them, and you’ll see for yourself that they are the ultimate comfort food.
- 3/4 cup (1 ½ sticks) unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbs light corn syrup
- 1 Tbs cider vinegar or white vinegar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbs vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 2 ¼ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cups butterscotch chips
- Preheat the oven to 375°F
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, cream together the butters, sugars, corn syrup and vinegar; then beat in the eggs. Beat in the vanilla, salt, baking po
wder and baking soda. Slowly stir in the flour, then add chocolate and butterscotch chips.
- Drop the dough by the tablespoon full onto baking sheets. Bake the cookies for 10 minutes, until they are just set; the centers may still look a bit underdone. Remove them from the oven and transfer to a rack to cool.
Based on “The Essential Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie” from King Arthur Flour